Hy-Gen pH Buffer 4 - 250mL
Hygen pH Buffer 4 is a solution for the calibration of pH meters at pH 4.0
- Size - 250ml
The ideal pH range for a nutrient solution is typically between 5.8 and 6.5. A pH value above or below this range can increase the likelihood of some nutrients becoming unavailable to the plant.
Some electronic meters require a "two point" calibration, making pH Buffer 4 an important step as the lower calibration point in the two point calibration process. This solution will ensure that meters accurately reflect the true reading at the lower end of the range.
How to use:
- Pour some of the solution in to a clean container, enough to cover the probe.
- Clean and sanitize the pH probe
- Insert the probe to the solution
- For Auto calibration meters, just press the pH4 button on your meter.
- For manual calibration meters you will need to manually adjust the pH reading to 4.
- Please check your pH meter manual for more information on how to calibrate your meter.